The date and time remain the same: Wednesday 18th March 7pm - 9pm.
Please do not attend in person at the office, the building will likely be closed.
- Using the Google Meet smartphone app with meeting code gfx-wcxo-mvp
- Or using any modern web browser by clicking: https://meet.google.com/gfx-wcxo-mvp
- Or by dialling 604-774-8364 and entering PIN: 339 991 495# when prompted
- Dialling in is least recommended as you will not be able to see the screen share or video link.
- The Google Meet text chat interface will be used for questions and to register votes on motions
- Questions can also be sent in advance to email@example.com
- In order to vote, membership will need to be purchased in advance of the meeting online at: https://www.torontobrigantine.org/become_member
- Please see below for a desciption of the motion
- If it will not be possible to join, please consider a proxy vote.
President, Toronto Brigantine Inc
The following general conditions still apply...
- All are welcome to attend but only Toronto Brigantine members may cast a vote. If you would like to become a member or renew your membership before the meeting, please click here.
- Any individual donors surpassing the membership threshold (including as a result of cumulative donations in the previous fiscal year) qualify for membership. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to clarify if you would like to take advantage of this.
- If you require a voting proxy, please click here to download the proxy voting form and submit to email@example.com no later than 3pm one working day before the meeting.
Motion to accept the relocation of Toronto Brigantine Incorporated’s sail training base of operations, including the TS Playfair, to Hamilton Harbour
March 18th 2020
The Board of Directors of Toronto Brigantine Inc (TBI) move that the Membership of TBI accept the proposal by the Board of Directors, in collaboration with Hamiton and Oshawa Port Authority (HOPA), to relocate TS Playfair and the sail training operations of TBI to facilities managed by HOPA within Hamilton Harbour.
The proposed relocation, secured by a formal agreement between TBI and HOPA, will include a charter period of 10 years, to renew for successive periods after the end of the initial charter, to ensure continuity of operations and the execution of TBI’s mandate
Support in the form of facilities and access to resources that will provide a significant upgrade to TBI operations, and that will considerably lessen the financial burden on the current TBI organisation, and improve overall financial stability. It will include the following key items:
- Summer mooring in the area of Harbour West Marina
- Winter cradle storage ‘on the hard’ at Harbour West Winter Boat Storage
- Workshop and TBI space, lecture facilities, sleep-down support
- Kitchen, washrooms, and shower facilities within the Winter Boat Storage
- A key position in the Fisherman’s Pier development project
- Marketing support and links to community organisations
The community in Hamilton is growing rapidly, has a strong marine heritage and comprises many TBI alumni. Being in a formal partnership with, and ambassador for, the Port Authority is a natural place for TBI.
This move will create a stronger organisation able to achieve its mandate of providing adventure and sail training to youth throughout Ontario and the Great Lakes region
It is anticipated that the Toronto Brigantine name will evolve to better serve the organisation’s mandate and need for improved recognition.
The relocation will be staged to be completed in time for Winter Program 2020
Google map and directions